Robosexual is a term to describe people (or sentient robots, if technology ever advances that far) who are sexually and/or emotionally attached to robots. Generally, the robots to which robosexuals are attracted are humanoid.
Like some other sexual orientations, robosexuality only goes in one direction: from human to robot. This is because robots are still a long way from sentience, and because even if a person were in a hypothetical relationship with a hypothetically sentient robot, that robot would not be robosexual towards the person, since robosexuality is exclusively an attraction towards robots (and not humans such as the hypothetical human in question).
A Sexual Orientation of the Future Edit
Obviously there are very few robosexuals today, but robosexuality is bound to become common in the not-too-distant future. Dr. David Levy, an expert of human-robot relationships, said that humans will be marrying robots by 2050.
An Example of a Robosexual Edit
- ↑ Robosexuality, Wikipedia, last changed on 23 February 2017, https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robosexuality
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Craw, Victoria, French woman wants to marry a robot as expert predicts sex robots to become preferable to humans, news.com.au, 23 December 2016, http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/sex/french-woman-wants-to-marry-a-robot-as-expert-predicts-sex-robots-to-become-preferable-to-humans/news-story/fa40fc51a55564627589e80d3a527059
- ↑ Bodkin, Henry, Rise of the machines: robots set to take over in bed, Stuff, 20 December 2016, http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/love-sex/87791495/rise-of-the-machines-robots-set-to-take-over-in-bed
- ↑ Lutkin, Aimée, Extremely Relatable Woman Wants To Marry the Robot She Built, Jezebel, 23 December 2016, http://jezebel.com/extremely-relatable-woman-wants-to-marry-the-robot-she-1790451780
- ↑ VocaWolfUTAU, Robosexual concept flag, December 2015, https://vocawolfutau.deviantart.com/art/Robosexual-concept-flag-575798415